Sunday, January 1, 2012

Vegan Pecan Pie

Everyone loves dessert! Period. Don't try and deny it because you know if you weren't on that "New Year, New You" diet you would have a second helping if you allowed enough room after dinner. And if the dessert was good enough, it wouldn't matter if you had room or not because you would probably make room. My point is this: dessert is amazing so I am going to give you another amazing vegan dessert recipe - Amazing Pecan Pie

I found this recipe on VegWeb.com again and made it for Christmas dinner with my friend, Oriana. Needless to say, it didn't last long. This is another simple and delicious vegan dessert recipe, so check it out.

The Recipe


Amazing Pecan Pie

Ingredients (use vegan versions):

  • 1/2 cup raw sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 4 tablespoons nondairy milk (I use soy)
  • 2 egg substitutes (I use Bob's Red Mill substitute)
  • 8 tablespoons vegan butter, melted (I use Earth Balance)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup pecans
  • 1 9" unbaked pie crust
Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix ingredients. They come out watery.

2. Pour into the pie shell. Place on a cookie sheet and put into the oven for 20 minutes.

3. Reduce oven temperature to 275 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 20 minutes or longer.

4. Check, center should be slightly soft, but if it seems too watery, bake for 20 more minutes.

Makes: 1 pie, Preparation time: 10 minutes, Cooking time: 40-60 minutes
Original recipe can be found here.

In this recipe I modified it a bit as I had a moment of weakness and bought a few eggs during the week for breakfast. As I said, I am not 100% vegan, but like to eat that way when I can. So, because I had a few eggs left over I used real eggs in this recipe instead of egg substitute. The guy that wrote the recipe said that he used soy milk, but I try to stay away from soy so I used hemp milk or almond milk - I don't remember which one I used as I usually have both in my refrigerator. Everything else stayed pretty much the same except I used a bit more than a cup of pecans to give it the slight design on the top.

Simple and simply amazing! I hope you enjoy this recipe.

Until next time...
Happy snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment